Postgraduate course Advanced Immunology 2020
- molecules (MHC, antigen receptors, co-stimulatory molecules, adhesion molecules)
- mediators (cytokines, chemokines, hormones) and cells (T and B lymphocytes, antigen-presenting cells, innate cells) involved in immune responses
- regulation of immune responses
- effector mechanisms
- infectious diseases, cancer, autoimmunity and allergy
Participants of the course should have a good basic knowledge of immunology (Cuby, Janeway, Parham) such as obtained during graduate training.
In the morning, lectures will be given on selected topics. In the afternoon, more active participation of the PhD students is asked in discussions on selective immunological items.
The course is strictly meant for PhD students working on projects that require substantial knowledge of principles in immunology. It is advised to attend this course in the first year of the PhD project.
The course is NOT allowed for senior scientists, post-docs, technicians, analytical chemists, doctor researchers or other researchers that are not involved in a PhD project.
January 27 - February 7, 2020
First week: Amsterdam UMC, location VUmc, De Boelelaan 1117, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Second week: Sanquin, Plesmanlaan 125, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
The course is fully booked. Please sent an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waiting list.
· Martijn Nolte (Dept. of Hematopoiesis Sanquin)
· Bianca Blom (Dept. Experimental Immunology, Amsterdam UMC
· Joke den Haan (Dept Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, Amsterdam AMC
VUmc Academy, Attn. Maureen van Rooy
Cancellation of your registration may only be done in writing at the latest one month prior to the first day of the course. We will refund the amount due except Euro 35,- administration fee. After this date, no amount will be refunded.