Abstract submission closed
The central highlight of the SED 2019 will be the poster session during which the informal contacts between researchers can blossom. Like in earlier years, we are proud to enable the presentation of 50 posters based on corresponding abstracts, showing exciting results from the research performed at all the research institutes. The corresponding posters cover a wide range of topics and will be displayed in the Foyer of location VU University Medical Center. They will be ordered by similarity in research approach rather than by disease or discipline, to enable maximal interaction. This will hopefully result in the exchange of ideas and new collaborations to further strengthen our research.
The organizing committee of the SED2019 thanks all applicants for their abstract submission. We are delighted with the response. All abstracts have been ranked based on their scientific quality, but also on their appeal to researchers from across the different institutes, as interdisciplinary communication is one of the major goals of this day. The top 50 abstracts will be selected for poster presentation. Notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts will be emailed before 1 August 2019. The corresponding author will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing the other authors of the status of the abstract.
Poster presenters are divided in 9 groups. Each presenter will pitch his or her poster in one minute in front of the audience and judges. The best rated abstracts with their accompanying posters will compete for the 3 awards. Instructions for preparing your poster presentation can be find below:
1. Posters should include
- The title of the accepted abstract
- Name of the presenter, and any other authors or mentors
- A description of research goals and methods
- A presentation of results
- A summary of major conclusions
- Future directions for the research
- A short bibliography or list of references
- Acknowledgments (citing any help received or sources of funding)
- Color logo of your research institute
2. Posters in PDF-file should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, before the 4th of September.
3. Poster presenters should be registered for the event via http://rcl.ink/I9B, before the 26th of September.
4. Presenters will receive an email notification from SED2019 prior to the event indicating the number of his or her bulletin board in the poster area.
5. Presenters should bring their own printout of the poster on the day of the event. The poster printout should be maximum size A0, and in portrait orientation.
6. Set-up for posters will be from 12.00. The posters will remain on display for the entire day. Tear down will be from 17.00 – 18.30. Note: if you do not dismantle your poster by 18:30 p.m. Friday, your poster will be discarded.
This year, we also host a real poster scavenger hunt during the poster pitch session in the foyer. The top 10 winners will be rewarded by a very convenient prize.
If you have any questions or queries, please get in touch at email@example.com.